So I found everything I need to make a bike.
Haro Mary XC frame – from emptyset a few months ago
Niner I.M.B.A. fork (on loan) – from emptyset a few months ago
ON-ONE Mary bars – from last version of my Schwinn Tempo fixie
Thompson Elite stem – on same deal with emptyset
FSA cartridge headset – see above
Truvative GXP Firex cranks/bottom bracket – keep looking back
Ritchey PRO seatpost – you know ^^^^
WTB ‘Salsa” saddle – from original Salsa El Mariachi build
Shimano M575 hydro brakes – from Craigslist a few years ago
Surly 20T cog – from last version of El Mariachi build
Surly Singelrator – from the S.A.P.B.
KMC 9spd chain – from last version of El Mariachi SS
front wheel from original Salsa El Mariachi build – XT hub/Salsa Semi-29er rim
rear wheel from Gnome – Formula SS hub/Alex ZC1000 rim
tires – I don’t know where from – WTB Weirwolf front/WTB Exiwolf rear
Is that all? I guess. A few tweaks on the drive train and a change on the saddle to a Brooks B17 is in order, but on the whole it is pretty sweet.
Filed under Bike Tech, bikes
something is missing
an "on hand!" bolt, nuts, and lock-washer replacement
Filed under Bike Tech, bikes
Bottom Bracket. Slightly used. Dented even.
just look at that mess.
Clearly a new one is order. I will spend a whole lot of nothing to get this bike going in the near future. I will, for now, just take out the bearings, clean & lubricate them, and then return them to the project bike.
I have a few things sitting around the garage to fully build the bike now – less a few things that I may have to scrounge for – and that will be the challenge.
I went online – you know – to check the price on a new bottom bracket. I saw the price and quickly went somewhere else to check just the bearing price.
My grease and time were already paid for. A little dirty job, but it is all I wanted to do. I don’t WANT to put a lot into the bike.
Saturday I spent 4 fruitless hours building this frankenbike:
yeah. Sram 2x10 cranks, Paul Thumbies, Dura Ace 10spd bar-cons, SLX Dynasyst front mech, rear mech, cassette strung together with a Sram chain.
The SLX Dynasyst is completely incompatible with Dura Ace barcons. Yuri and his plethora of spares yielded an older XTR that seemed to work. It does need a new rear mech. though. An interesting combination. More research prior to assembly my have helped in the end. I hear it works though!
After that, a lunch break at a sushi bar and some mild preparation, Yuri and I met up with RivRidingMike at T100 and we contemplated where to ride and where to set up a camp in, yes, the Phoenix Mountain Preserves.
excuse my photography. I am having issues with the 'ghey' camera.
So I was riding UP VOAZ on my Salsa and stood up and started to weigh the seat with my inner thigh around a switchback when SNAP! …my Brooks done went and busted a tension pin.
it caused a bit of pain.
Down I went to the left and down the side of the mountain for more than a few yards before the my leg was impolitely stopped by a jagged rock. I am glad for the rock.
Thanks to you Wallingford Bicycle Parts for the instruction and timely replacement shipment!.